A year ago today, I wrote my 1st blog post. A few dozen posts, a couple hundred Twitter followers and a few guest posts on other blogs later, here we are.
|Happy Birthday blog!!!! (Credit)|
If you’re anything like me, you don’t focus on accomplishments – you focus on what’s next, what’s wrong, etc. We never take enough time to celebrate accomplishments so here are my 10 of my accomplishments in the past year (this looks short but it took me 30 minutes to do).
- Law school – I’m starting this fall & I’ve been sitting on this decision since graduating college 5 years ago. I’m finally at peace with this decision.
- Marathon – I ran my 1st marathon!
- Fundraising – I raised over $1000 in a weekend (marathon weekend) for the Philippines and Haiyan
- Bloggy – What my blog looks like now, looks nothing like it did a year ago. My twitter also now has over 1,100 followers. I think I had close to 200 about a year ago. Hello progress!
- New experiences – It’s so easy to fall into the same habits – in the past year I’ve tried aqua spinning, ran races as an ambassador, a half marathon in humid Miami, passed a fitness instructor class, raised money for a race, a box subscription cooking service (Blue Apron), blogged for other people, met a ton of new people on Twitter IRL, etc.
If you’re wondering, the 13.1 red one is mine and is the “Slim” RoadID, the purple which is my sister’s is the velcro type & holds more info on the ID itself.
Use my code to get a $1 off your RoadID order. Code good only through 7/27- code: TAFXFK43VFT
Disclaimer: This giveaway is not sponsored by RoadID. Comment below to enter to win. Winner will be chosen at random on Friday afternoon.