I love April. I wouldn’t say that it’s my favorite month of the year but I do find that it’s the most fun month of the year. Why? Because springtime! and my birthday!
But this year, it means graduation is officially next month (in May! YAY). This also means bar prep is quickly approaching (BOOOOO). Speaking of which, I signed up for the bar exam yesterday. Either way, I’m excited for everything going on this month.
That being said, my biggest goal for the month is practicing yoga everyday for 30 days so yes, a 30 day yoga challenge! I got into yoga about 6 years ago in grad school and I’ve been practicing on and off ever since. Now that I’m running and strength training a lot more, I think I need yoga even more. So two days into April, we’re going strong! We’ll see how well the rest of the month goes.
Workouts this week
This week, BBG called for 3 resistance workouts, 3 LISS workouts, 2 recovery workouts & an optional Challenge workout. As you can see below, I worked out more than I should have for running a half-marathon this week but it was a last minute addition to my schedule.
- BBG Resistance – arms & abs, legs, and full body
- BBG LISS – Swerve, 3 mile run and half-marathon #21!
- BBG Challenge – another 300 rep challenge one (i.e. 15 squats, 15 pushups basically a full body workout)
- BBG Recovery – (basically lots of foam rolling) Upper & Lower Body
- Blogilates videos:
- Strength at Uplift! – my old personal trainer, Michelle, was back in NYC for a few days and taught a special class at Uplift for it’s 5th anniversary so I had to go workout with her even though I ran a half the next day!
The workouts for this week have been on point. However, I’ve totally been eating a ton. I mostly blame the half-marathon. I’m still doing Shakeology, which is at least one of meals a day, usually with spinach and/or a banana and always with almond butter but damn I’ve been so hungry lately. Oh well. At least I have my jeans to keep me honest haha.